WHO WE ARE?
JOVAC was established in 1986 as a joint project between The Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the German Government represented by GTZ for manufacturing veterinary vaccines and biological diagnostic reagents. It is located in a forest-isolated area, 10 miles north of Amman.
Mission & Vision
Jovac in Numbers
Objectives & Activates
- To manufacture and supply veterinary vaccines and biological products that comply with marketing authorization, to local and foreign markets.
- To become a leading brand in the region and international markets for our products.
- To continuously expand our range of products.
- To enhance staff qualifications and capabilities to match the high level of standards and requirements.
- To respond effectively to customer complaints.
Technical Activities of JOVAC
- Production of veterinary vaccines for Poultry and Farm animals.
- Providing serological and technical services to poultry and animal farmers.
- Establishing technical cooperation with governments and international veterinary institutes and universities.
Jovac managed to have ISO 9001 for the 1st time in 2003, and since that time Jovac ISO certificate renewed annually after an inspection conducted by a qualified team from Lloyd Register (LRQA).
ISO 9001 is a quality management standard. It defines a set of quality management requirements.
The purpose of this standard is to help JOVAC to provide products and services that meet all relevant customer needs and expectations and comply with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
GMP stands for good manufacturing practice, and it is a system that ensures products consistently adhere to quality standards. GMP regulations were put in place by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to minimize the risks involved in producing goods, such as supplements and other pharmaceuticals.
GMP covers all aspects of production, from the materials, manufacturing location, and equipment to the training, PPE, and staff’s personal hygiene. According to GMP guidelines, detailed written procedures are essential for each process that could affect the finished product’s quality. Every step of the manufacturing process must come with documented proof of the methods used to show that every product is made with consistency.
Jovac is proud to have the Jordanian GMP certificate beside the many other GMP certificates issued by different regulatory authorities in the region and overseas countries.